Our Echo
Title, story type, location, year, person or writer

Add a Post
View Posts
Popular Posts
Hall of Fame
Projects
Visitors
Contests
Search

The Happiest Day Of My Life

Story ID:1908
Written by:Michael Timothy Smith (bio, link, contact, other stories)
Story type:Family Memories
Writers Conference:$100 Best Inspirational Post Contest
Location:Halifax Canada
Year:1993
Person:Vanessa
Back to Story   |   Add a Comment   |   Visitors

Comments

Posted 04/03/2007 20:40 by Nancy J. Kopp | Reply
Hello Michael,

A wonderful, heartwarming story. Welcome to OurEcho. I hope we see more of your work soon.
Nancy Julien Kopp
Posted 04/03/2007 20:56 by Virginia Allain | Reply
You were right, it did bring tears to my eyes. Thanks for sharing that special time with us on Our Echo!
Posted 04/03/2007 22:33 by Frederick William Wickert | Reply
Michael,
Welcome to Ourecho. When I began reading this story, I knew I had read it somewhere before. It is a great story. I have been told that a smile is the most contagious thing in the world and you spread a lot of it. Keep on doing it. It is good for us.
Fred
Posted 04/04/2007 01:15 by K. L. Farnum | Reply
A delightful story, and what memories for the people passing your way.
Posted 05/13/2007 16:46 by Carol J Garriott | Reply
What a splendid memoir of that special time in your life, Michael! Nicely written, and a heartwarming reminder that people can be so supporting of perfect strangers. Carol
Posted 05/14/2007 03:42 | Reply
Hi Mike,
I love this story of yours, and am now about to read your winning post about the bookmark. As I read, then re-read about you waving from the window to the vehicles/people in traffic, it warmed my heart and made me realize anew that happiness is extra-special when others share it with us. I hope your daughter will pass this story along to her own children some day. For certain they will love it, too.
Sincerely,
Sandi in FL.
Posted 05/16/2007 02:29 by Susan Hammett Poole | Reply
You created pure magic here with your inspirational story. I smiled, and I cried, and I love the way you write. Grinning as I sign my name because you "happied-me-up", as my sister Sandi in FL would say! ~ Susan :)
Posted 03/12/2008 05:32 by Gwendolyn Aileen Atkins | Reply
Michael, you never once made a fool of yourself. All those days, what a gift you gave to those friends and yes, even your boss. I wonder if you know how much God loves you to use you to help so many others. I know and thanks.

Gwendolyn
Canada
Posted 06/18/2008 19:54 | Reply
This is a beautiful story, Mike. You come across as a wonderful family man, a good husband and father. Wonderful writing. RLP
Posted 10/10/2008 15:44 | Reply
yes Michael--it brought tears to my eyes. You have a gift- Keep usiing it. it does my heart good
Posted 02/05/2009 20:54 | Reply
What a beautiful story, Mike. You have a way with words I try to emulate. I bet your daughter and you must have many chuckles over some of your antics, and your wife, too, of course. Thanks for the read. Richard LP
Posted 03/01/2009 13:04 | Reply
What A great story. It is encouraging even in todays tough times to be able to bring a simple smile, laugh and peace of mind that somewhere, sometime and somehow you brought joy to somebody that may or may not need it. It is even free and more memorable than all the money in the world.

I have told many people that the journey and the experience is what we'll take with us when this little life is over.

God Bless
Posted 04/15/2010 20:31 | Reply
Wow, I blown away.It sure is amazing at the sacrifices you make to put a smile on someone's face.Nature is always fair, it will reward with the gift that the wealth of this world can never give.That is the happiness of the heart.
God Bless you.

Nathalie
Papua New Guinea
Posted 04/16/2010 01:34 | Reply
Thank you for waving, your stories warm my heart and I look forward to every one of them. God Bless you with many years of waving. I will be here to wave back. Jennifer
Posted 06/02/2010 05:29 | Reply
It is a wonderful story, i like that.
God bless you and your family.
Ann
Posted 06/02/2010 09:12 | Reply
Dear Michael,
I read this story many years ago but I'm not sure where or when it happened. It captured my attention much as the riders in the cars and buses. IT HAPPENED LONG BEFORE I BEGAN "THE LEMONADE STAND."

Thanks for touching my heart strings that day so long ago.

Lewis Kirby
Posted 06/10/2010 21:52 | Reply
I love your stories for many reasons but because they can meet everyone's needs and we can relate quickly or put ourself in another's shoes. I always think of the beautiful verse by Christ, "by their fruits ye shall know them." Thank you for a beautiful and indpiring site for even teens that need goodness exempliflied, some heroes! Thank you Michael my friend .

Debbie
Posted 08/06/2010 07:41 | Reply
This is an awesome story! Way to go and thanks for sharing. I'm sure it wasn't easy to share your first story.
Posted 08/18/2010 21:33 | Reply
A very beautiful story - I can just imagine being one of those bus passengers
and standing there waving with you - a special wave to you always wherever "the spot" is - Tracey (NZ)
Posted 08/26/2010 00:34 | Reply
Wonderful story.
Posted 10/01/2010 20:31 | Reply
This is a beautiful story. It's encouraging to hear about someone creating community and giving joy where most would not have the ability to see any possibility of communicating with those passers-by. Thank you for sharing it.
Posted 10/01/2010 21:55 | Reply
Thank you Mike, it warmed my heart and brought a tear to my eye. Maya Mahant
Posted 10/18/2010 23:23 | Reply
Michael,

I've read and enjoyed this story before on your Hearts and Humour column. I also read about the loss of job and merger of your company. My heartfelt thoughts are of you and with you. That much better and exciting adventures and work is ahead and waiting for you.

All the best,

Pat from Tacoma, WA
Posted 01/16/2011 07:34 | Reply
I think the todays story about your son
and the caterpillar and moth is one of the best ever that you have shared. I remember my Salvation was like that, a caterpillar turned into a beautiful
butterfly. Yes, change is the hardest thing for most humans, we have to get out of our compfort zone and stretch our wings and fly. Thanks Micheal for the inspiration.
God Bless